Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving.

I am excited to have Thanksgiving this year. It's probably going to be spent with just my Dad and brother. I hope to make some of the food, although my dad likes to cook sometimes. He makes really delicious green bean casserole. He has made it for me on a few occasions, to take back to East Lansing with me. My favorite food, though, is cheesy potatoes. They're baked in the oven, and I think some of the ingredients are sour cream and chicken broth with lots of cheese and potatoes cut into little cubes. Very good! And of course turkey.
On my mom's side of the family, we used to celebrate Thanksgiving by bringing a dish to pass and playing BINGO. But everyone is grown up now and so busy that we probably won't get together this year. I don't think we got together last year, and if we did, I couldn't go because of work.
Anyway, I can't believe how fast this year is passing. It feels like I just started this semester yesterday and the end of it is in two weeks or so.
I hope all is well with everyone and that you have a splendid weekend!

No comments: