Tuesday, November 11, 2008

winter!!!




is coming!!!


It makes me very excited because of the beauty!!!


During the winter, city, house or many places are decorated with lots of illumination.


Although it is cold season in winter, I can have something warm feeling when I see it.


During my stay in Tasmania which is part of Australia as a student, I went out with my friends for Christmas light tour.


That was fantastic because there were uncountalbe illumination on the roof and around the house. I had never seen such beautiful scene before. These pictures were taken in the light tour. Actually, it isn't good one to express and convey my feeling exactly.
:-(

2 comments:

Rothley said...

In America, random people will decorate their homes with Christmas lights too. Sometimes it's very simple, with just lights on the porch. But sometimes, they go all out and get these huge blowup santa globes or have reindeer or frosty the snow man. I don't know how many people will do that this year, but it's always nice to go driving around when there's snow everywhere and see the different decorations. And, I have seen houses that just keep the lights on their house all year round. haha.
This is rare, but sometimes people put up lights for Halloween.
Anyway, I agree with you; it's very beautiful.

Chris said...

I agree with Rothley and you, Christmas is a very pretty time with the lights reflecting off of the snow. The town where I lived before coming here, Battle Creek Michigan, has a festival of lights every year in which the entire down town area is covered with lights like the ones you saw in Australia. Our local zoo (which is huge, it is Binder Park Zoo if you have heard of it) also gets covered in lights. It is truly a sight to behold. Anyhow, be sure to find a cozy fireplace and sip on some hot chocolate before the winter is through!